APR Tuning MQB Carbon Fiber Intake System
Vendor: APR Tuning
The APR Tuning MQB Carbon Fiber Intake System is an attractive high-performance upgrade designed to increase performance by letting the engine breathe more freely. The factory intake design has the foundation for excellent performance, but much of this is sacrificed in an effort to meet other design requirements. With requirements set forth for only supporting factory power output levels, low engine sound levels and long service intervals, there is plenty of room for improvement.
This intake system increases performance primarily by improving mass airflow through the system while still proving adequate filtration. Expect greater horsepower and torque through the power band with a more direct and responsive feel upon pressing the throttle. Sounds from the engine and turbocharger are enhanced and some may even experience better fuel economy depending on driving style.
APR Tuning Part#: CI100033
- Audi A3 [MK3] – 1.8 / 2.0 TFSI EA888 MQB Gen 3 [excludes Gen3B]
- Audi S3 [MK3] – 2.0 TFSI EA888 MQB Gen 3 [excludes Gen3B]
- Audi TT [MK3] – 1.8 / 2.0 TFSI EA888 MQB Gen 3 **
- Audi TTS [MK3] – 2.0 TFSI EA888 MQB Gen 3 **
- VW Golf / GTI [MK7] - 1.8 / 2.0 TSI EA888 MQB Gen 3
- VW Golf / GTI [MK7.5] - 1.8 / 2.0 TSI EA888 MQB Gen 3
- VW Golf R [MK7] - 2.0 TSI EA888 MQB Gen 3
- VW Golf R [MK7.5] - 2.0 TSI EA888 MQB Gen 3
- VW Jetta-GLI [MK7] - 2.0 TSI EA888 MQB Gen 3 ****
Optional & Required Accessories:
MQB Carbon Fiber Turbo Inlet Pipe [optional]
The APR Carbon Fiber Turbo Inlet Pipe replaces the rear factory plastic accordion tube with an attractive carbon fiber inlet, complementing the APR Intake System’s aesthetically pleasing design.
MQB Silicone Coolant Hose [optional]
The APR coolant hose replaces the factory unit and routes cleanly under the intake and around the APR catch can without kinking or adding extra stress to the mounting points.
MQB TT / TTS Adapter Kit [** required]
The Audi TT and TTS requires this adapter for proper installation.
MK7 Jetta-GLI Adapter Kit [**** required]
The VW Jetta and GLI MK7 require this adapter for proper installation.
Secondary Air Injection (SAI) Filter [required for most]
For Vehicles equipped with secondary air injection (SAI), an SAI filter is required.