Burger Tuning JB4 Tuner - BMW S55 Engine - F Series
Vendor: Burger Tuning
The JB4 is the most advanced and highly featured tuning system available for plug-n-play performance for your BMW S55 engine platform. The JB4 features a simple plug & play installation harness for easy installation & removal and includes many features not found with any other tune. Including on the fly in dash map switching between factory and various performance maps, optional in-dash gauge displays for boost, boost limiting by gear for improved traction in lower gears, progressive water/methanol support, built-in data logging, built-in code reading, optional direct EWG control to prevent throttle closure with exhaust modifications, exhaust flapper control, and much more.
Note for 2018+ G chassis vehicles with the digital dash layout Burger has not yet added in the JB4 commands to allow in-dash control but will provide those via a free firmware update once developed. Until then a JB4 mobile adapter or BMS data cable is required for any map and setting changes.
Burger Tuning Part#: JB4-S55
- BMW M2 Competition [F87] - 3.0T S55
- BMW M3 [F80] - 3.0T S55
- BMW M4 [F82 F83] - 3.0T S55
JB4 Map Guide:
- Map 0: Stock tuning, fully disables JB4
- Map 1: Stage1 map adding approximately 40whp and 40wtq across the power band on pump gas. Suitable for all stages and fuel mixtures
- Map 2: Slightly more aggressive version of map 1 intended for vehicles with bolt on modifications and 93+ octane fuel. Can also be used with E85 and racing fuel mixtures. Fuel pressure connector suggested.
- Map 3: Slightly less aggressive version of map 1 intended for vehicles running on lower grade fuels such as 91 octane
- Map 4: Low boost / VALET / Safety Map
- Map 5: //M low torque ramp power up to redline
- Map 6: User defined map generally only used for diagnostics or troubleshooting
- Map 7: Race gas map. Requires 100 octane unleaded fuel and for the fuel mass connector to be installed. Can be used with or without the EWG connectors but will make more power with the EWG connectors installed. This map can also be used with up to 35% E85 but in some vehicles & conditions this may cause a high fuel pressure drop and resulting stuttering. If this occurs drop down to map 2
- Map 8: WMI map. Requires FSB controller for progressive mapping and safety systems. For pump gas a meth additive of 30-40 is suggested while for race gas/E85 + meth up to a 75 additive can be used. The higher the meth additive the more aggressive the boost curve. A meth additive of 60 would be roughly equivalent to map 7p
- Installation Guide: Click Here